Welcome, one and all!

Welcome to a site for my musings and meanderings about the gardening work I do, which currently consists of trying to renovate my Dad's garden after years of neglect.. I will be updating this little niche of the internet as and when I have anything interesting to pass on, so I hope you'll find something here to amuse or entertain you.

Please feel free to comment on anything you wish to, Follow Me if you want, or ask me if I wish to Follow You (Quid Pro Quo, as the saying goes).

Enjoy your visit!

Monday 21 February 2011

Still waiting on the effectiveness of the moss-killer/grass-greener I put down last weekend. Hopefully I should see results by this weekend coming - at least, the box says the moss should have died off and become brown by then. Can't see much difference yet, but give it time ...

In the meantime there's the goose grass and brambles to deal with. Last year I cur down a tree that was nearly dead and rather diseased, but now the ground where it was is infested. I have some neat glyphosate in a container, which I'll make up to a strong solution, in the hope that it'll be powerful enough to get rid of the weeds, after which I may cover the ground with wood chippings, to reduce the risk of re-infestation.

We'll see how it goes, if the weather holds up.

No comments:

Post a Comment