Welcome, one and all!

Welcome to a site for my musings and meanderings about the gardening work I do, which currently consists of trying to renovate my Dad's garden after years of neglect.. I will be updating this little niche of the internet as and when I have anything interesting to pass on, so I hope you'll find something here to amuse or entertain you.

Please feel free to comment on anything you wish to, Follow Me if you want, or ask me if I wish to Follow You (Quid Pro Quo, as the saying goes).

Enjoy your visit!

Thursday 24 February 2011

Review - Yeoman Rolling Lawn Aerator

I purchased the Yeoman Rolling Lawn Aerator a couple of weeks ago, and have used it on our lawns since then. I feel it's time for me to write a review of the product. So here goes :



The Yeoman Rolling Lawn Aerator (£29-95) is a device for breaking up the surface of your lawn to allow air in, allowing deeper, stronger root growth and better, greener grass by breaking up any soil compaction. It comes in a self-assembly kit which took me about fifteen minutes to successfully complete. The end product is a wheeled roller which has six free-hanging metal bars, each set with metal spikes which, when the roller is moved over the lawn surface, dig into the ground to a depth of about two centimetres (just under one inch). As the roller turns, each bar in turn hangs down to be driven into the ground. The device has two wheels and a straight handle similar to a hoe or broom.

The Aerator can be a little fiddly to assemble, especially when fitting the six metal spike-bearing bars to the central hub - this was the part that took the longest time for me. Also, given that it IS self-assembly, the construction isn't the most solid.

However, once the Aerator is put together, as long as you don't abuse it, it should be sturdy enough for everyday usage. It is easy to use - it only took me a few minutes to repeatedly roll our front lawn leaving plenty of small holes to break up the surface - and a nice, reliable piece of equipment for the garden. As a result, I give it

..

No comments:

Post a Comment